Braces – invisible, fixed and quick
As one of the first practices worldwide to do so, we are now able to offer you the proven SureSmile® QT lingual treatment technology for lingual fixed appliances. The technology means that the brackets and wires are applied to the inner (lingual) side of the teeth.
The braces are bonded onto the inner side of the teeth, facing the tongue, and thus are not visible during normal daily activities.
SureSmile® reduces your treatment time by up to 33%*.
*Sachdeva et al. J Clin Orthod 2005; 39:297 - 314 Saxe et al. World J Orthod 2010; 11:16 - 22 Alford et al. Angle Orthod 2011; 81:383 - 8
No increased risk of injury during sports and play or in case of an accident. No risk of visible tooth discoloration or edges after removing the brackets, as they are bonded onto the inner side of the teeth.
The digital treatment technique allows a very precise and predictable result. With the use of high-precision robotically bent SureSmile®-archwires you will achieve an exact treatment result.
3D Volume tomograph
As the first practice in europe we are able to display dental roots digitally and move them three-dimensionally with our 3D Volume tomograph and SureSmile®. Especially in conjunction with jaw surgery we get a diagnostic number of levels that is one of a kind. More information about 3D Volume tomography
SureSmile® QT treatment is our most advanced alternative for orthodontic treatment for patients, athletes, and VIPs who require an optimal treatment. We use only state-of-the-art, computer-aided technologies and materials.
Treatment Period – SureSmile® step-by-step
Before treatment begins, the patient is examined and diagnosed in detail to work out an individualized treatment program.
At the beginning of treatment your teeth are scanned with the SureSmile® OraScanner or 3D volume tomography. A 3D model of your denture is made in the digital laboratory.
Now the entire treatment procedure is simulated for every single tooth movement with the SureSmile® 3D treatment planning software to come up with a digital design for the wires.
SureSmile® – Robots Bend Wire
The final step is for the SureSmile® robot to bend all wires according to the digital design made to measure for your denture. These "intelligent" wires are the most efficient wires in orthodontics today.
SureSmile® QT Advantages and Disadvantages
ADVANTAGES – SureSmile® QT – invisible, quick and precise
On the lingual sides of the teeth, the fixed appliance is bonded completely invisibly in the upper jaw, and nearly invisibly in the lower jaw. Short treatment time, due to treatment planning on the computer, using state-of-the-art SureSmile® Software.
- The most accurate treatment results, due to the use of highly precise, robotically bent wires
- Improvement in tooth alignment during all stages of the treatment (even in the beginning stages), because the appliance does not prevent the teeth from being seen.
- Even and smooth tooth movements, important for the esthetic appearance, take place at the beginning of treatment. The fine-tuning adjustments, in contrast, consume a larger portion of the overall treatment.
- No risk of visible discoloration of the teeth, or borders after debonding, because bonding is done on the non-visible lingual side of the teeth.
- No increased risk of injury due to sports, or accidents.
- For adults: No adverse effect on kissing!
SureSmile® QT Costs
Government insured patients
There are extra costs. We inform you of the additional resulting costs in our practice and are there to advise you.
Privately insured patients
The costs are covered by the private health insurance companies, however, it is usually recommended that you submit and receive approval of our cost estimate before beginning treatment.
Financing is possible, please speak with us about it.
See also Costs
Are you interested?
Sprechen Sie uns an, wir beraten Sie sehr gern über die neue Behandlungstechnik.
DISADVANTAGES – SureSmile® QT
- often longer period of acclimatisation, approx. 2 weeks
- possible speech impediment whilst wearing
- more expensive, not covered by insurance